Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Friday

Friday-

I did NOT want to wake up on Friday morning.  Maybe it was because I knew it would be a very busy (but fun) weekend.  Plus, it’s starting to get chilly in the morning, so you never want to leave a nice warm bed.  AND it was raining.  That was three strikes against getting up, but I still did.  I also woke up remembering this really funny dream.  I dreamed that Ian’s family lived in cardinal pointe apartments in Paducah, which was the hard ghetto.  I’ve heard that those apartments are jank, but this ghetto was complete with people doing crack, hookers, and Eminem.  I know it sounds really serious, but the tone of the dream was actually comical.  Smile

I have a pretty funny story from class.  On Friday, we played hangman in class.  Here they play hangman with one word at a time.  I drew blanks for a words like so: __ __ __ __ __ __ __.  Once the students guessed letters, I wrote them on the board so they wouldn’t guess them again.  Everything was going normal, and students were guessing letters like normal.  Someone guessed “s”, and then someone else guessed “e”.  Another student guessed “x”.  It wasn’t until I wrote the “x” on the board that I realized what those little hooligans had spelled.  S-E-X.  They were giggling like crazy.  I’m not sure what color of red I turned, and I wasn’t sure how to react to it.  I noticed that my English teachers weren’t acknowledging it, so I continued on like it was nothing.  Stupid pubescent junior high schoolers. Confused smile

As soon as I got off of work Friday afternoon, we had to go to Hitoyoshi.  We somehow got suckered into participating in a singing festival.  I asked around and found out that a couple of other ALTs in the area were also doing it.  Ironically, it’s all the first years.  It’s as if the second years knew how to say no or what exactly it was and stayed away, lol.  We drove down early so that we could have dinner with our friends before the practice.  We went back to the Indian restaurant, and the food was just as amazing as it was before.  Delicious!!  After that, the practice wasn’t too far away, so we walked there.  It was raining a little, and we weren’t 100% sure where we were going, but we found it shortly.  There were six of us there, and I’m soooooooooooo happy that some of them could speak Japanese.  As it turned out, we were supposed to explain the meaning of the song.  There’s no way Ian or I could have done that because most of the people there couldn’t speak English.  The song was “Dreaming of Home and Mother.”  It’s a really old song and has some old English like tis, twas, sweet’st, etc, so it was hard to explain.  We had to sing it several times.  I kept thinking what the heck am I doing here….I don’t know Japanese OR music!!!

After we finished up with singing practice, we decided to go out for ice cream.  There’s a Baskin Robbins in Hitoyoshi, so we all piled into two cars and went.  It was a reeeally good idea.  I had a scoop of pumpkin pudding and cola ice cream.  Both were perfect.  Ian and I haven’t been out with friends in a while, so it was extremely fun to just sit around and catch up with everyone.  We actually stayed out in the parking lot and talked for a while.  I wanted to leave so that we could get home, but I was having too good of a time, so we didn’t get home until 11:30ish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment