Monday, June 10, 2013

Anniversary Celebrations

I’m tired this morning.  Ian and I didn’t go to bed until shortly after 1 AM, and then we were up at 6:30.  Allow me to explain.  Ian had to be in the city for work at 7:45.  Knowing that he tends to drag in the morning, (ESPECIALLY that early) he set his alarm for 5 AM in order to give himself plenty of time to get ready for his 5:45 leave time.  I remember hearing the alarm go off and whining at Ian to turn it off.  (He’s one of those people who will hit snooze half a dozen times before finally getting out of bed….which drives me CRAZY!)  He fiddled with his phone, and the noise went away.  I assumed that he hit snooze and drifted back asleep. 

I woke up again sometime later and nudged Ian to get out of bed.  He looked at his watch and shouted, “SHIT!” before jumping out of bed in a massive dash to get dressed.  Apparently in his sleepy state, he had turned the alarm OFF, not hit snooze.  He didn’t even remember the alarm going off!  In the span of nine minutes, he went from being dead asleep to out the door.  “At least I won’t be groggy,” he said before he left.  So true!  Nothing like the instant panic of being late to dissolve any sleepiness from your mind.  After he left, I crawled back into bed, but I couldn’t go back to sleep.  My mind was racing, and there was NO WAY I was falling back to sleep!  I’m not sure how he did it, but he managed to make it there on time.  I received a text message from him at EXACTLY 7:45 that said, “Like a boss.”

Since Ian’s going to be up in the city all week for work, and our anniversary falls smack dab in the middle of that, we celebrated last night.  Three years!  Three years ago today we were at the reception hall steaming tablecloths and and arranging tables.  It seems like forever ago and yet just yesterday.  So much has changed, and yet nothing has changed.  We’ve certainly had QUITE a few adventures in the past three years!

Enough with the mushy stuff.  If you want to read a mushy blog, refer to my “I Think I Married the Wrong Person” post.  We knew that we wanted last night to be special, so we made a special dinner before cuddling up for a double feature.  I made a cheesecake (a rare treat over here since the ingredients are so darn expensive!) on Sunday night and let it cool in the refrigerator all day Monday.  I asked Ian what he was making for dinner, but he wouldn’t tell me and said that it was a surprise.  When I got home yesterday afternoon, I went for a bike ride, and by the time I got home, dinner was smelling GREAT!  I was a bit confused about what he was cooking still since I saw a random medley of ingredients around….chicken breasts, a can of peaches, cubed bread, etc.  I popped in the shower and washed a few dishes before it was complete. 

image

Finally the masterpiece was done.  Peach grilled chicken with peach flavored stuffing….a PERFECT summer treat!  He said that he randomly found the recipe online and thought it would make a tasty summer evening treat.  It was!  The subtle sweetness of the chicken mixed in with the peachy taste of the stuffing was usually delicious!  I lit our unity candle (a tradition that we do every anniversary…side note: I LOVE the message on our unity candle.  It says: This day I will marry my friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love.  PERFECT!) and used our fancy Mr. Reed/Mrs. Reed wine glasses.  After we ate dinner, we dug into the cheesecake, another cool and refreshing summertime treat! 

image image

We shouldn’t have watched two movies.  That’s where we went wrong.  Once we finished both of them, it was 11:30, and I still had to get ready for my work day, and Ian had to pack since he’ll be gone for a few days.  Once we finished up that process, it was pushing 1 AM, and you already know the rest of the story.

Bam!  Full circle!  How do you like that?  I totally Quentin Taratino’d that and gave you the ending before the beginning of that story.  So….yeah.  It’s done now.  Ta-da!

No comments:

Post a Comment