Thursday, September 8, 2011

Tuesday

So, it's been a few days since I last updated.  Sorry.  One night I posted pictures, and that took up a lot of time, and then Mr. Ian seems to have been a computer hog the rest of the nights.  I cannot wait until my laptop gets here!  I guess I could blog on my iphone, but something tells me that it wouldn't be fun, and my thumbs would probably kill me after that!  So here's what's happened since Monday:

Tuesday- I love Tuesdays.  Not only do I get to wake up later, but I get off earlier, and I visit the nursery schools.  One down side of my iphone is that if I forget to completely exit out of skype, it still says that I'm online.  Therefore, I had two people try to call me before 7:30AM that morning.  Blarg!  The first unfortunate caller was Kim, and I just hung up on her to stop the loud ringing (sorry, dear!).  The second caller was my sister, Christina.  I gave the phone to Ian and said, "Make it stop!"  lol.  Once I actually woke up, I was able to call both of them and chat before I went to work.  I think it's silly, but I have to go to the BOE for fifteen minutes before I go to the nursery schools.  It's just enough time to get nothing done.  However, it was a wonderful surprise to go to the BOE and see a care package from my sisters.  Thanks again, Christina and Amanda!  After that, I had two nursery schools to visit.  I love the kids.  They are all so cute!!  I don't even care that they pull on me or get snot on my flashcards.  :)  I played two games.  We reviewed numbers 1-10, and the first game we played involved the kids lining up at the end of the classroom with the numbers 1-10 written on the board.  I would call out a number, and the kids would race to the board to slap it.  Wow.  I really should have rethought sending 15 hyper pre-schoolers racing toward the board.  One girl fell and skinned her knee.  I swear I thought the board was going to break!  Needless to say, we didn't play that game for very long.  The next game, I put cards on the floor with numbers 1-10 written on them.  I would call out a number, and the kids had to grab all of the 5s, 2s, or whatever number I called.  One kid started crying b/c he never got to slap a card.  I resolved that problem by sneakily scooting a 7 beside him and calling out "7!"

After the nursery schools, I went to the junior high school.  I'm still not 100% completely sure of my role there.  It's so different here b/c in America, we're used to a boss saying, "Here's what you need to do.  Get this to me by the end of the day." or whatever.  Here it's like you have no idea what to do unless you ASK.  Sometimes my English teachers will give me a task, but generally I have to ask if I can help or what I should prepare for class.  :)

After school on Tuesday, we planned to meet up with Krista to go swimming in a nearby river/lake area and dinner afterwards.  The water was FREAKING cold, but we got in anyway.  lol.  Ian tried to dam the river like he always does with waterways.  Krista and I walked to the lake area and threw rocks in.  There's something cathartic about throwing rocks.  :)  It gets dark here about an hour sooner than at home b/c Japan doesn't have daylight savings time, so we left around 5:45.  Krista told us about a restaurant in Yunomae, and it was DELICIOUS!  Ian and Krista had curry, but I got some fried egg chicken thing over rice.  It almost had a sweet taste to it, which was great! 

Darn.  I was going to play catch-up, but then Ian needed the computer for other purposes.  I promise I'll play catch-up tomorrow b/c it's Friday!  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment