Thursday, January 19, 2012

I’M COMING HOME!!! :D :D :D

First and foremost, I’m so incredibly excited to say that I BOOKED MY FLIGHT HOME THIS SUMMER!  I’m going to get up on my pedestal and talk about the power of prayer for just a second.  I was getting VERY nervous about coming home this summer because truthfully we couldn’t really afford for BOTH of us to come home.  We looked and looked and looked for cheap(ish) flights, but the cheapest we found were nearly $3,000!!  Ian can get his cheaper since his days are flexible, but we were looking at spending nearly $5,000 on JUST airfare.  That’s not including transportation to and from airports, gas while we’re at home and driving, food, small gifts, and all the other little expenses that come with traveling.  We found a flight for me that would be only $2,500, but I couldn’t take it because it left the night before my vacation, and I wouldn’t be able to make it to the airport in time.  Sad smile  On Tuesday night I actually told Ian, “What if I just didn’t go home this summer?  It would definitely suck, but…..”  Ian has to go home to be the best man in our friends’ wedding, but I don’t HAVE to go home.  However, if I didn’t go home, go to the wedding, and get to visit all my friends and family, I’d probably have a nice little cry. 

So I prayed.  I asked God to pretty, pretty please let me find a way home.  On Wednesday, I was just browsing Kayak, and I learned that if I left on July 29th as opposed to the 28th, I could get a flight for about $2,000.  It gets me home in perfect time!  The only downside is that my last vacation day is the 29th, and with travel time, I wouldn’t arrive back in Yunomae until July 31st.  Sad smile  Hopes dashed!  I emailed my supervisor to beg if it was possible to add those two vacation days so that I could get a cheaper flight.  She had already told me that my vacation was too long, so I wasn’t sure if she’d let me add two more vacation days.  However, SHE DID!!  Open-mouthed smile Open-mouthed smile Open-mouthed smile  Prayers were answered, and my flight was booked last night!  The whole thing is amazing.  Not only did I get the last cheap seat, but the process is going to be rather simple. 

Thursday night after my night class on July 12th, I’ll drive to Hitoyoshi and take a bus to Hakata.  From Hataka, I’ll take the subway to the Fukuoka airport. (I’ll even have practice on this step since this is the same thing we’re doing when we go to Okinawa.)  I’ll have to spend the night in the airport, but that’s no big deal.  My flight leaves at 7:10am.  It’s Fukuoka to Tokyo, Tokyo to Dallas, Dallas to Nashville.  The layovers aren’t bad, and I will arrive in Nashville at a decent hour.  It’s going to be one loooooooooooong day for me, but I’m so incredibly excited about it.  It’s real now!!  I’m in such a good mood today, and I’m pretty sure that nothing and no one is going to bring me down! (Plus, it’s Friday.  That’s an added bonus!)

After a lovely two weeks home, it’s back to Japan the same way.  Nashville-Dallas, Dallas-Tokyo, Tokyo-Fukuoka.  As an added bonus……my mommy is coming back with me!!  YAY!!  She’s going to spend some time over here with us, and I couldn’t be more excited!!  I’ve already told her that I’m going to take her to this place to show her that. Open-mouthed smile Open-mouthed smile  It’s going to be great!  I’m telling you…..it’s a great day, and nothing’s going to bring me down!     

No comments:

Post a Comment