Monday, July 22, 2013

What to Do With the Blog….?

For the past two years I’ve documented darn near every detail of my life on here.  I’ve written about crazy adventures, times when I was absolutely furious with Japan/Japanese culture, travel stories, amazing cultural experiences, and so much more.  Throughout all of it, you wonderful blog readers have read this, commented on it, and encouraged me to write more….and I thank you for that!  While I’m happy to have this blog as an online journal that I can refer back to my “Japan days” for years to come, half the time I feel like I word vomit all over the screen.  …….but for some reason you all keep coming back for more, so once again, I thank you for continuing to read this!!

Now that we’re getting ready to leave, I’m at a crossroad.  Do I continue to blog or stop once I get home….?  I’ll definitely make a few entries once I get home to get caught up on Hawaii and describe any reserve-culture shock experiences.  But after that……?  To continue or to not……?  That is the question.

I feel like this is special.  It’s something that I did while in Japan.  If I did it at home, it wouldn’t have the same significance.  Plus, my life at home is….normal.  It’s boring.  I understand what everyone is saying, I don’t stick out like a sore thumb, I don’t make silly mistakes because I don’t know the cultural norms, etc.  I don’t feel like I should continue blogging.  HOWEVER, I was talking to friends this past weekend, and they encouraged me to continue it. 

“But what will I write about?” I asked.  “Everything at home is normal.”

“I don’t know.  Just write about something.  I just enjoy reading your blog,” they said.

Clearly I won’t have NEAR as much time at home as I do now.  Working three jobs will keep me too busy to write a lot.  So I’d like to throw out the question to those who enjoy reading my blog:

Would you like me to continue writing, or is enough enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment